Wednesday, October 21, 2009

(Reading Journal 2) Wednesday February 6, 2008

• 2 Nephi 26: 29
Monday night I spent about 15 mins looking for the definition of “priestcraft” but no one had any idea what it meant. Webster’s has it as something good that priests do now or the order of priesthood. It is clear that they knew it would not be had the same so they let us know what is meant by it. I assume no one else in all of Christendom would see it the same. When you think about it I guess Webster’s does use it correctly. They have set them selves up for gain. That is how most churches are run.

• 2 Nephi 27:33-35
These are beautiful words and promises to Jacob. The Lord has promised him that when he sees his seed surrounding him, Glorified and Righteous, he shall rejoice. Can you imagine your joy, to see your kin glorified? I can not fathom the peace, honor and glory one would feel, and also the glory one would give to God for such a blessing.
Is this not the crown? Think of it. God’s children returning to Him sanctified and purged of all filth, returning to perpetuate the species of Gods, Worlds without end. It gladdens my soul! If only I could keep this with me in my daily walk. One must find the way to do this. This is surely the great secret that our Savior had. He found a way to always remember the true meaning of this life.
• 2 Nephi 28
This chapter is hard to swallow. It truly portrays what dire circumstances my children and dear friends find themselves in. We live in a time when there are so many competing voices that one is compelled to say, “We are all right, right?” Everyone has their “way” to heaven. I hate the argument that, “I am a good person.” President Hinckley has stated that being good is not enough we must be better than good. We have to do something with our lives leave the world a better place when we are gone.
I have lately been so critical of myself because I don’t consider my self “good.” I want to do something in this life, something worthwhile. I would like to make a difference. I like to think my smile to everyone or my wave hello helps, but I want to do more. I want to bring souls to Christ. I want to teach people that life is worth living, teach them how to manage their finances and help them learn to be self sufficient. I feel a great call but I am not moving towards the goal because of lack of preparation. You must be prepared when the call comes or He will call another in your stead. The work must go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment